Fried Pumpkin Seeds
- seeds from a pumpkin (I used kabocha)
- oil for frying
- salt or other seasonings, to taste (optional)
To Prepare the Seeds
- Cut open a pumpkin. Scoop out the seeds.
- Remove any residue from the outside of the seed shells.
- Leave the seeds out to dry. Drying time varies based on weather and type of seeds used.
To Fry the Seeds
- Heat a skillet or frying pan on your stovetop's "medium" setting.
- Once hot, brush a light coat of oil onto your skillet or pan.
- Cook your seeds until the shells are golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Cool seeds in pan. Enjoy when warm or cool, not when hot.
- OPTIONAL: While the pan is warm, season the seeds as you please. Do not offer seasoned seeds to any beast, familiar or not.