makes one 9"×13" pan — serves 24 nicely
- 29 ounces (1 can) puréed pumpkin
- 12 fluid ounces (1 can) evaporated milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, pecans, or macadamia nuts
- 8 ounces (2 blocks) butter, melted and cooled
- 8 ounces (1 block) cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup Cool Whip
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Line a 9"×13" pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Mix the filling ingredients. Pour into pan.
- Pour dry cake mix over filling, then spread nuts over cake mix. Spoon melted butter over cake mix and nuts evenly.
- Bake for fifty to sixty minutes. Cool until warm.
- Invert pumpkin crunch. Peel off paper and cut the pumpkin crunch while warm.
- Mix frosting ingredients. Frost the pumpkin crunch once it fully cools.
- Serve immediately or after cooling in refrigerator. Keep refrigerated.